Get an exclusive look at what a normal day looks like for a hand. We asked Dexter, who is an expert at being a hand, to give us some insights.
The Rise of Dexter
The first thing I do every morning is work my way out from under some pillow or blanket and slam down on a blaring alarm clock. Once that’s out of the way, there’s a lot to take care of.
- Wake up! While I may not technically sleep the same way you do, I can fall asleep. Trust me, it’s just as weird for me as it is for you. So I try to avoid that.
- I may often be the subject of hygiene , but I’m also a mean, lean hygiene machine. I basically take care of the entire body’s morning wash. Most days, I start with the teeth.
- Another crucial job I have in the mornings is transporting sustenance (and caffeine!) from the fridge, frying pan, coffee pot, you name it — into your mouth. Sometimes I use tools like forks and spoons, other times I can use my brute force. However, I would not recommend the hands-only approach for coffee.
Part of my job in the mornings includes acting as a fashion expert. This might sound glamorous, but it can also mean stooping to very low levels. By that I mean the job of stooping to pull socks onto the imposters called ‘feet’.
Dexter’s Daily Grind
Thankfully, I’m a talented networker — it’s no coincidence it all starts with a handshake — and have made some important friends in high places during my career as a right hand.
One of them is called Sterillium® Protect & Care hand disinfectant gel! In a literature class you’d call this a speaking name because this guy really knows what I need after I’ve been exposed while traveling to work!
Here’s what Sterillium® Protect & Care hand disinfectant gel can do:
- Removes 99.99% of germs
- Short exposure time
- Gentle to the skin
- With skin care components
- Very good skin compatibility
- Dermatologically tested
- Increases skin moisture
The good news is, before we know it, our wrist turns the face its watch up to your face and you realize it’s time to leave again. This is when the best part of the day starts.
Once the work is done, it’s time to play! I love holding hands — all hands do, you should try it! — and giving high fives and petting dogs (wow, the best!). In my life as a hand there are so many games I get to play:
- Clapping games
- Secret handshakes
- Pinky promises
- Finger painting
- SNAPPING! How fun is snapping your fingers?!
- And a personal highlight: sock puppet games!
Dexter the Icon
There are so many challenges we face today, and it doesn’t feel right leaving them for the smaller hands to take care of alone. If I can show those little hands care in hygiene, I can show them care in all aspects of life.
This is why I’m glad that hands are such a symbol for change. We stand for peace, for solidary, for unity, and we stand up for others when enough is enough.